Sunday, June 20, 2010

April 26th

Hi Family,
I am writing this from the Finnish Temple hostel. Only have time to drop a quick line and say...
I am leaving Chelyabinsk this transfer and moving to Yekaterinburg. Found out on Thursday. Even crazier, I will be TRAINING! She is an American by the name of Sister Hanks. Yes, Hakes and Hanks. We will also be opening a NEW AREA for Sisters, so we will be white washing, which means we will both be new to the area. We will be all by ourselves in the Branch called Botanica, without Elders or any other missionaries which will be weird I am sure. We even do our own English Club. So, I will be in Ekat, but kind of seperated from the rest of our Zone. Fill you in more later. Basically, I donät know how the stakes always seemed to be raised and the challenge of my assignment gets more and more difficult.... training?? Haha. After being put Senior Companion my third transfer with another American, I did not think things could get much harder, but now that seems like nothing compared to my new assignment in Ekat. Oddly enough though, I am much less worried about this one. I have really just learned that things always work out when you are doing the work of the Lord. My Mission President said that I have shown him enough faith during my last two transfers that he felt confident giving me this assignment. I know I will be humbled al ot. My Russian isnt good enough yet to ever feel confident about doing anything, especially not training. But, I guess that is why my confidence should be placed on the Lord and not myself.
Anyways, there is one computer here in Finland, and six other missionaries. So I gotta go... Love you all and please keep me in your prayers. And my little Trainee. I really want her to have an amzing first transfer here in Russia. Lots of responsibility! Dont really know if I am excited, but you know me, I always like a new challenge.
Love you all and wished I had more time. Have fun in Hawaii. Carrie, dont swear too much before finals are over. Kimball, have fun with the elderly haha. Meesa, keep up the missionary work, you are awesome! Cassi, dont stress about the lack of letters haha. I understand.
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Sister Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment