Sunday, October 25, 2009

Three Weeks Left!

Family!

Ugh I just read all of your emails and I loved every one of them! I keep thanking you for the support but really it means a lot to me. Josh, I could see the vidoe of TROY! He has gotten so big! Ugh I just loved it! I got a little teary eyed, not gonna lie : ) Miss you all tons

So, I spent most of my half hour reading you emails, sorry! I only have about 7 minutes, so I'll try to make this good.

Yes, I only have three weeks before I leave to Russia! Ahh! It still hasn't really settled in. More than anything though, I just feel ready to start doing the Lord's work. I have constantly reminded in small and bigger ways during my stay here at the MTC I have no need to worry because I am doing something greater than myself. If I was going to Russia for myself or for any other reason, I would feel much more anxiety, but I know that I am sharing the message of Jesus Christ, which is true. And becasue I am "about my Father's work" things will work out for me.

Las night, the native Russian sisters taught my companions and I the first lesson, the Restoration of the Gospel. They taught it in Russian and I could actually understand it! Well, the gist of it anyway. They are so sweet and full of faith. I can only imagine what it would be like to be the first in your family to join the Church, and then live faithfully and serve a mission. They strengthen me so much because they take nothing for granted. Anyways, I actually think I'm going to get Russian. I know it'll take between three-six months, but I know it'll come. I pray that it'll come enoguh that I can at least teach the Gospel and fulfill my purpose to the people of Russia. That is all I really want.

Ummm, I already ran out of time : ( The Chruch is true and it changes lives! Remeber me in your prayers and know of my love for you!

Cectpa Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment