Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Gift of Tongues

Dear All,

Kalli accidentally pushed the wrong button at the internet center at the MTC and lost her letter last Tues. (to the fam). She subsequently wrote a long one to us all. I have included here a portion of the letter that you will find interesting. Love you all and thanks so much for supporting her!

"Cool story: This morning (Tues. pday) I got to go to the Temple. *side note: I love going to the Temple and everytime I do I think about how cool my first time was. Thanks Mom and Dad for making that SO special. I feel closest to the fam when I go to the Temple. After the Temple, we had a TE (Teaching Appt.) which is where we can set-up an appointment to go teach a mock investigator. This morning we weren't too excited because we had arranged to teach in Russian for the first time in practise for tomorrow night (Wed.). Anyways, our lesson was going pretty good, the lady actually seemed to understnad us. My companions asked good questions and all seemed pretty good, normal. Then, when it came my turn to speak the First Vission in Russian, I've said it a lot of times in class, etc., but this time it was different. When I was speaking it, I suddenly realized I sounded different - like, I sounded really Russian! My accent was so pure and my mouth was moving so naturally. I felt the spirit SO STRONG. As I was speaking the words, I felt the power of it more strongly than I ever had before. I started to cry and my investigator did too. My companions just looked at me because they knew something was different too. I don't know how to explain it other than to say it wasn't me, but the Spirit. The giftof tongues is REAL. I wasn't expecting that at all because, to be honest, it's just the MTC and it was just practice. But I feel like that Lord was blessing me because I've worried so much about whether or not I'm being a good enough missionary. If I'm working hard enough on the language, etc. It's like He was telling me I'm doing ok. And that He will give me the ability to speak when He'll need me to as long as I do what I should and rely on Him So awesome."

Thot you would enjoy this excerpt from her letter.

Love, Mom/Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment