Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 4: September 22nd, 09

Family!!
>
> How is everyone doing?? I hope all is well. Sounds like Kimball and Carrie are both pretty sick, that's no good. I actually woke up with a sore throat this morning too, but I don't think I'll get too sick.
>
> Kimball - Hope you get better. HB needs you! That's cool you hired Todd Horton. He'll be a great addition I'm sure. I hear the Dallas thing was pretty awesome, that's so cool you heard Uchtdorf! Did you have a good time? I keep my eye out for you in the girl department all the time. I'll let you know if I find anything here : ) Much love
>
> Joe/Katie - Thanks for the phone call you gave befor I arrived at the MTC. I still think of your advice al ot and I know what you mean about feeling the "mantle." It's very real. Katie! I keep thinking about how you wanted to serve a mission. You would've done such a great job, but you're such an amazing mother. Thanks for being so awesome.
>
> Chris/Francisca - Oh my gosh! The baby pictures I've been able to see have been just PRECIOUS! How are you two holding up? I'm sure life is hectic for you but thanks for dropping me a line here and there to say hi. I really appreciate it. Franciscsa, you're so sweet to think of a watch for me. I've actually been thinking I need one, but they're really expensive here. So if you get a chance... but no worries if you cant.
>
> Cami/Marcus - Cami I just loved your letter! You are probably so busy right now so I don't expect to hear from you all the time, but I am glad when I can. How is Marcus? Cora? The boys? Give them my love. Sounds like Mom will be paying you a visit soon. Best of luck with your surgeries. I'll be thinking of you : )
>
> Josh/Melissa - Thanks for sending those pictures my way from the Dallas game, etc. You guys make such a beautiful family. How are Troy and Hailey? I miss seeing the neices and nephews so much. Josh, I looked at the calendar today and saw it was almost the end of the month and thought to myself that I needed to do Builder's Risk still. Haha old habits die hard : )
>
> Bear- I'm so sorry you're sick and I hope by now you're doing better! I think of you a lot and I hope you're having a good time in Cruces. How's Hagrid? I'm writing this letter from the 3rd floor of the RC building. So weird you worked here... When I see BYU students here for work I picture my Bear in her greenish plaid skirt walking around with her paws. Love you and keep me posted with your lovely life right now!
>
> Cassi/Kelly - So if there was a writing/package contest, besides Mom, I think you would win. Haha thanks so much my dear! It really means a lot to get a package at meal time without expecting it. You're so sweet. I hope all is well for the two of you and you need to keep me posted when you find out where you'll be moving too. How exciting! Say hi to the Coat : )
>
> Meesa- Colin has a baptismal date!! Holy cow! Since I've been here at the MTC, I've really started to realize that Colin really was super prepared for the Gospel. Kind of the dream contact. Did you get into Chamber? I can't believe you'r just across the street from me... so weird! I've sent you two letters, have you gotten them?
>
> Mom/Dad- I love you! Thanks so much for the letters! I never get sick of them!! Sounds like you're so busy. My companions love you too even though they don't know you. I've showed them you're picture and they want to meet you both in 18 months : ) And Dad, they think you look like Elder Oaks, and Mom they think you're much too pretty. I agree with both statements : ) Mom, I would love any necklace you got me, that is so sweet of you to think of that. And it's Okoren, not Jentsch she likes... I'm glad you still care about that stuff too : )
>
> I wish I had more time to write to everyone....
>
> As for me, a week ago today, Pres. Holland came to our Devotional last Tuesday. I was pretty close to the fron too and it was the highlight of my mission thus far. He is SO powerful! Like, his voice was raised a lot of the time and he was so passionate about everything he said. His talk I'm sure will become a classic here at the MTC, much like many of His other talks here. Some quotes (there were so many I had like 5 pages of notes):
>
> "Don't think you're going to go home to real life after your mission. Your mission is real life. Capital L capital R. This is what real life will be like in eternity. The world is just a cheap imitation for real life in the eternities. "
>
> "If your mission asks you to go to Gethsemane, go there. Shed the tears your Savior shed and don't be afraid if you're asked to pick up your cross and walk to Calvary too. Relish the opportunity to do hard work, the Lord's work. Only through that can you understand Him better. The mission is the only opportunity in your life, unless you're called to be an Apostle like myself, that you get to wake up with the Lord and go to bed with him at night. Welsome to discipleship. Welcome to the brotherhood."
>
> "Don't go home, grow a beard, get a tatoo, and put a necklace around your neck and be an idioit." Haha... he apologized after that one.
>
> Basically, as you can probably tell, his taslk was really amazing. He encouraged us to come home with no regrets, to give it everything we have. He said a mission is hard because salvation is not a cheap expereince. Don't ask for it to be easy. Wow. His words have kept me pumped up and ready to go fight the good fight.
>
> I have one minute left. The Russian is still pretty good. I'm recognizing how much I don't know still buth thats ok. I get along so well with my companions. I wanted to give you more details but I'm out of time, pleease forgive me.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment