Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Bird's Conference

Zdratsvootyeh Cemya!

That's Hello Family! in Russian (sort of, I can't use the Russian characters on our keyboard). Anyways, how is everyone? I loved all the letters I received this week... and YES, Elder Neilson's talk about the missionaries in Russia was awesome for me. A lot of you asked about that. It was so cool to be sitting in the MTC, with all the Russian missionaries, and realize that they were specifically talking about us. It was amazing to hear something in General Conference that seemed to apply to me so specifically. Such a blessing. All of us Russians went back to our floor where our classroom is and talked about it after. We all felt so pumped up and ready to go! Yes Mom, I did cry : ) Oh, but by the way, I've gotten much better at not crying I think haha. I've only done it for real once, and that was when I had that experience last week : ) Maybe I won't be a weepy missionary, but it's okay if I am too.

So, how did you all like Conference? It sounded like it was a fun time for the Fam in Cruces, and I'm sure everyone else enjoyed it too. I hear Monson's talk on anger was pretty moving. I hope the guys at HB don't worry about anger too much, I always felt everyone was so nice at work... really : ) Meesa, were you in the Conference Center for Sun. Afternoon? I think that is what Mom said. Wow, that was an amazing session for you and Colin to be in! Elder Holland's talk should be a classic. I bet that was really powerful for Colin to hear live - what an experience! Especially when he ripped out the original BoM that Joseph and Hyrum had written in, haha it was so perfect! One of the Elder's in my group almost scratched out the testimony of the Three Witnesses and wrote four, so he could add Elder Holland's name to the group. Haha I love my Elders...

I've taught the First Lesson in Russian three times and it's been okay. I feel like I can say what I've been taught to say and what I'm expected to know how to say, but I am so limited. I have things popping up in my mind that I want to tell our investigators, but I stop midway through my sentance because I don't know how to say it. So I just need to get used to that kind of frustration because, I know if I let it get to me then I'll be upset alot of my mission. It's good in a way though to be limited in speach because you are forced to teach just the simple, plain truths of the Gospel. Which honestly, from what I've learned, is the best way to teach. And I know I'll be helped by the Lord to say what I need to say, when I need to say it. I have a really strong faith in that.

I leave for Russia five weeks from today, which may sound long to you but I just can't believe it! My attitude about leaving has been pretty consistent. I know it's going to be really hard, harder than I can probably realize now, but I'm okay with that. Joe, I loved the letter you and Katie sent me. I feel like once I get to Russia, doors will be opened for me so much that I'll just forget that it's hard. I hope to just loose myself in the work. I feel like there are good people there that are ready and waiting, and maybe, perhaps I might be an instrument in the Lord's hands. That's kind of my motto right now, "perhaps" from that scripture in Alma. Anyways, time is up!

Mom, love you tons and thanks for all you do for me.
Dad, I got your letter and I hope your hip feels better real soon! Glad I'm not there to see you in pain : ( Say hi to the Ward and give them my love
Kimball, get better too!
HB is awesome boys keep up the good work! I love and miss you all tons!
Cami and Marcus good luck with the Baby blessing! You have such a beautiful family wish I could be there!
Bear get better too!
Cassi and Kelly you're angels for setting me up a blog! So sweet. Can't see it but I'm sure it's lovely.
Mees, keep up the good work in Chamber, wow! Tell Colin hi for me and write me about your weekend together!

Oh btw, I have had really bad pink eye so sorry if you get a bill from the doctor... nmy glasses have been a lifesaver theses past two weeks : )

LOVE YOU!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Who is the beautiful one - the shorty? :) The Russian flag I pinned to the missionary map on the wall looks just like your T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete